Wednesday 23 March 2011

Historic trampolinists & memories

A regular correspondent with this club, Tim Blake, son of Ted Blake who introduced competitive trampolining as we know it to the world, recently passed us a link to this wonderful footage of trampolining in the late 1960's, Tim identified some of the performers as follows: "It shows Paul Luxon and (I think) Bobby Stroud who trained at Regent St Polytechnic together. I can also pick out Dave Curtis and possibly Mike Williams but that’s about it.". Commentary is in French, nevertheless enjoy:


retrouver ce média sur www.ina.fr

Commenting on the footage Paul Kitchen, identified some names and memories "I used to train some with Bobby at Crystal Palace until the manager caught us getting free training in one of the downstairs gyms.  Surprised not to see Paul Wainwright there as he was Pauls synchro partner. The girl who is seen looking on from the tramp side is Wendy Wright. Competed alongside Biz Scales (Baldwin) in the same era. Di Bullen was coached by George Stephenson who coached me for a while in 73." as did Jack Kelly "I recognise a lot of these people including Ute Luxon (nee Czeck), Jane Pullen, Diane Bullen, Alan Gonzales and of course Paul Luxon (probably about 15yrs old) and Dave Curtis. A couple of the Swiss guys stayed and trained with me in Harlow. Most of the comp footage seems to be in a German sportshall I recognise though I wasn't there at the time."

Read more about trampolining history on our website.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw this video footage and really it is very wonderful because to keep balanced is very essential on trampoline otherwise any people can get injuries.

Trampoline pads