Tuesday, 21 December 2010
Monday, 13 December 2010
...click on the picture to view the newreeel on Pathe's website. Although the film was taken at Loxford School, Ilford, the teacher, Ted Blake, spent most of his life in and around Brentwood and ran Nissen's UK operations from here for many years. Find out more about this on our website.
Monday, 6 December 2010
Good luck in Cardiff girls!
Thursday, 2 December 2010
We have not yet set a new date but it is likely to be on a Friday early in the new year when we will also have a belated festive celebration.
Also to note that during these weather-beset days all members are advised to check the website for an update on training sessions before travelling, we will normally find out if the centre is closed shortly after 3pm.
Tuesday, 30 November 2010
With snow still falling it is not certain whether trampolining will be on tonight - this decision will be made by Brentwood School Sports Centre later this afternoon. If the decision is made to:
- close then we will update the website calendar (www.brentwoodtc.org) as soon as we hear and you are encouraged to check this before travelling.
- remain open then we (coaches) will do our utmost to ensure that all is ready for you to attend as normal.
UPDATE : As of 3pm, 30th November, BSSC have yet to make a decision but expect to do so shortly after 4pm.
Sunday, 28 November 2010
Saturday, 20 November 2010
As well as Disco there will also be award presentations to this years Jack Petchey winners with a representative of the Jack Petchey organisation joining us.
There will be snacks available but please do remember to bring your own drinks and glasses.
Wednesday, 10 November 2010
... for September to November were announced recently. Kensie for her hard work to get back to national level, Alex for dedication and passion and excellent results and Laura for her positive contribution to the club. Find out more about these awards on our Jack Petchey page.
Monday, 8 November 2010
For those unable to get a copy of the Brentwood Gazette with a news report of the Open & Easton Grading competitions, the online version is available at the 'thisistotalessex' website.
All articles submitted for publication are also published on our own website here, not all, sadly, are printed.
The latest update from buy.at includes new offers and shops:
Activity Superstore – 10% off everything
- Use code ‘ASNOV10’ to receive 10% off everything
- Expires: Friday 31st December 2010
- Commission: 15%
- 25% off selected board games like Monopoly, Yahtzee, Pictionary, Jenga, Twister and many more
- Commission: 6% on clothes, 3.5% on Mobiles, 2% on DVDs, CDs, Books & Games, 4% on Gadgets, 0.5% on PCs & Electronics and 1% on Game Consoles
- Great offer in the build up for Christmas: Get 3 bottles for £10 on selected wine
- Commission: £.5.50 for new grocery customers (minimum spend £25)
- Thorntons is offering 3 for 2 on a great selection of treats from Chocolate Smothered Orange Slices to Continental chocolates. Grab three items from the 3 for 2 selection and get the cheapest FREE!
- Commission: 8%
- Call of Duty: Black Ops launches tomorrow Tuesday 9th November and GAME has a limited launch offer which allows you to get the Standard Edition on Xbox 360 or Play Station 3 for only £24.99 when bought with selected titles
- Please see their website for full Terms and Conditions
- Commission: 3% on software sales, 1.5% on Solus hardware sales
- To help launch the new autumn/winter range you can now get 60% off hoodies, fleeces, shorts, jackets and much more
- Commission: 6%
- This fantastic 3 for 2 offer gives you the chance to get some amazing deals. You can mix and match any items that have the ‘present’ icon and get the cheapest free!
- Expires: Tuesday 16th November
- Commission: 6.5%
- The fabulous winter sale has launched and you can save up to 40% on winter beach holidays to Barbados, Thailand, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Tunisia and many more!
- Expires: Book now until Wednesday 15th December and travel between now and Monday 31st January 2011
- Commission: 6%
National Trust Memberships
- From £16.50 you can visit hundred of fantastic places in England, Wales & Northern Ireland as many times as you like. No commission is offered for Life Time Memberships
- Commission: 30% off the membership value
- Note: Get 12 months membership for the price of 9. There’s a FREE pair of binoculars for you too!
Thursday, 28 October 2010
The top 16 men and women will perform to win the coveted gold medal only available once every four years and seen as the most desirable medal to own. There is something very special about being an Olympic Champion it ranks alongside becoming World Champion in your chosen sport.
The London Olympic finals will be held at the O2, the old Millenium Dome, named as North Greenwich Arena for the duration of the games. The dates are still provisional at this time and are set as 3rd & 4th August 2012. Ticket prices have been announced as £185, £115, £75, £40 & £20 with tickets going on sales next March. If you want to be there then book early. For £185 you might be spotting for them! There are special prices available and this includes young people who are 16 years old or younger (at 27 July 2012) will pay their age for a ticket. Seniors aged 60 and over (at 27 July 2012) will pay £16. (That's Paul!)
Monday, 25 October 2010
It was a long journey there and back, for some lasting most of the day following a breakdown, but it was worth the trek. With 21 competing on the day we had 14 trophies (and 7 medals), 14 improved personal best scores and 9 qualifiers!
Individual results and scores and more pictures are on our website at www.brentwoodtc.org/easton_17oct10.htm. Pictured right one of our winning teams on the day
A little while ago we announced that Brentwood School Sports Centre offer us a discounted membership rate (thanks to Celia Badley for negotiating). If you want to benefit from this approx 24% reduction and waiving of joining fees (net costs £35 per month gym and pool or £26.50 for gym or pool) you simply need to speak to Reception and ask for the 'Brentwood Trampoline Club Corporate Rate'. They will then know how to process your application.
Sunday, 10 October 2010
... is now online on our website together with a link to directions to the venue; from Brentwood you will need to allow yourselves a good 2 hours I'm afraid and, since the comp starts at 9:30, that means an early start for most of us! No programmes will be on sale at Easton so please do print a copy before you go if you want one. Organisers have advised us that the competition will be held in the tennis centre rather than the sports centre used for previous competitions (its on the right had side as you drive in towards the Sports Centre).
Good luck to everyone competing!
Monday, 4 October 2010
- 39 competed on the day;
- 14 were competing for their first time (several in G);
- 27 won trophies or team medals:
- 5 x 1st place (Becky Tompkinson, Joe Harris, Joshua Newman, Susanna Badeley & Hannah McCann - Joshua & Hannah also won the junior & senior Cordery Form Trophies)
- 6 x winning teams (O13 M&F H, U11 F G, U13 F G, U13 F F, O13 F F, U13 M&F E)
- 3 x 2nd place (Faith Everett, Georgia Lewis & Chrissie Law)
- 5 x 3rd place (Gemma Pratt, Fiona Humphries, Madison Merritt, Georgia Walker & Daniel Frost)
- 12 new personal best scores were achieved
Monday, 27 September 2010
Sunday, 26 September 2010
Tuesday, 21 September 2010
Saturday, 18 September 2010
... to download from our website. No printed copies will be available for purchase on the day so please do ensure that you/your members have printed off what they need in advance.
We look forward to welcoming you all next weekend.
Wednesday, 15 September 2010
Monday, 6 September 2010
Phil Gibbs (Brentwood Trampoline Club secretary)
Wednesday, 1 September 2010
Nominations are now open for the September Jack Petchey Achievement Award. Nominees should be aged between 11-25 on the date of nomination and will not previously have received an award from the club.
Nominees need not be the cleverest, the fastest or the best looking! But they need to be exceptionally hard working or have done something really positive for other people.
To check previous winners and to get a nomination form visit the club's Jack Petchey webpage.
Saturday, 14 August 2010
Star Leotards will be visiting us on 23rd August at 7pm for anybody needing a new leotard, shorts etc... If you need one it would be good for you to let them know in advance so they can bring appropriate sizes to try on. Remember all leotards ordered are made to size and are not 'of the peg' so if you need one for the Open or October Grading now is a good time to order.
Monday, 7 June 2010
We had some really great results in Ipswich with lots of trophies and qualifications through regional grades and many personal best scores as well.
First time in grade:
- Georgia Lewis;
- Lauren Michaels;
- Lucy Phillips;
- Susanna Badley; and
- Joshua Newman.
G to F
- Kendra Sherlock and
- Natalie Shade.
G to E
F to D
- Lauren Michaels and
- Lucy Phillips.
D to C
- Kensie Sherlock
- Daniel Frost
- Winners - Maddison Merritt, Natalie Shade, Joshua Newman, Kallum Sherlock, Lauren Marchant & Daniel Frost and Team winners - Maddison Merritt, Kendra Sherlock, Lauren Benbrick-Taylor & Tegan Roycroft;
- Second placed - Lucy Phillips, Abbie Goldsmith, Kensie Sherlock & Emma Frost;
- Third placed - Kendra Sherlock, Emma Brereton, Jospeh Dulieu-Hasler, Georgia Lewis & Susanna Badley.
Personal Best Scores
- Maddison Merrit - PB1 & PB2;
- Kendra Sherlock - PB2;
- Natalie Shade - PB1 & PB2;
- Lauren Michaels - PB1 & PB2
- Lucy Phillips - PB1 & PB2
- Emma Brereton - PB2; and
- Kensie Sherlock - PB1, PB2 & PB3.
Read more at http://www.brentwoodtc.org/ipswich_06jun10.htm
Friday, 21 May 2010
Friday, 23 April 2010
Thursday, 8 April 2010
George Nissen was an inspiration and despite his age was always in attendance at the annual Nissen Cup, the longest running international competition in trampoline named in his honour, where he would still perform tricks to delight the audience. More details about Nissen's contribution to trampolining are at http://www.brentwoodtc.org/history.htm and associated pages.
Tuesday, 30 March 2010
Nominations are now open for achievement during January, February & March 2010.
Remember that Jack Petchey awards are intended for those who have shown hard work, commitment or other outstanding behaviour – not necessarily always the best trampolinists.
Members, parents, coaches and others involved with the club may nominate any of those listed below by email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating who you are nominating, why and for which month (without these details your nomination may not count).
Please make no more than ONE nomination for each month.
Nominations close on Sunday 18th April.
Eligible members (aged 11-25 and not a previous winner) are:
- Abigail Spink
- Amy Benson
- Amy Richardson
- Becky Tompkinson
- Bethany Chambers
- Bethany Marmoy-Haynes
- Bryony Boston
- Charlotte Lal
- Chelsea Clark
- Chloe Bell
- Chloe Franklin
- Claire Fogarty
- Clark King
- Cory Barton
- Dana Pamenter
- Ellen Houghton
- Ellie Guy
- Emily Marmoy-Haynes
- Emma Brereton
- Emma Frost
- Emma Richardson
- Fiwasewa Ojutiku
- Gemma Pratt
- Georgia Lewis
- Grace Balmford
- Greg Humphries
- Harriet Gill
- Imogen Pratt
- Imogen Spanton
- Isabella Field
- Joshua Newman
- Kensie Sherlock
- Kiera Booth
- Kitty Maguire
- Laura Studd
- Lauren Marchant
- Lauren Michaels
- Lottie Heaney
- Louise Jagger
- Lucy Phillips
- Lydia Jamieson
- Marie Ashworth
- Mark Robinson
- Megan Lomax
- Milly Blandford
- Monica Dowling
- Natalie Shade
- Natasha Wood
- Oliver Pope
- Rebekah Francis
- Robyn May
- Roselle Cullender
- Sam Digby
- Sophie Brooking
- Tilly Ashcroft
- Tracy Meadows
- Vanessa Lewis
- Victoria Patterson
Monday, 15 March 2010
Monday, 8 March 2010
The FIG Executive have approved a new Code of Points for Trampoline which will come into affect on 1st September 2010 and which will include Time of Flight to be used in all rounds of individual competition (first, second and final routines).
The Time of Flight will be added to the current scoring system i.e. a routine score is E+E+E+D+T (T=Time of Flight).
The FIG EC has also approved a document that outlines the functional properties of the “machine” (TMD - Time Measuring Device) developed by the TRA-TC and the Apparatus Commission together.
For further information please visit the FIG website.
Sunday, 7 March 2010
Detail report is online at http://www.brentwoodtc.org/hull_06-07mar10.htm
Monday, 8 February 2010
Thursday, 28 January 2010
- Charlotte Webb took second in the under-15 girls Elite;
- Daniel Frost (despite being 2 grades lower than most) narrowly missed qualification to nationals in 4th place in under-19 boys Elite and is now sweating on somebody above him dropping out;
- Maddison Merritt won the under-11 girls Novice;
- Susanna Badley won the under-13 girls Novice closely followed by Fiona Humphries and Lucy Phillips making it a 1-2-3 for the region and club;
- Susanna & Lucy were also joined by Emma Brereton and Ellie Guy in winning through as a team for Coopers Coborn.
Monday, 25 January 2010
|From Brentwood Grading 2010|
A full report is on our website here but, in the, meantime headline news is:
- 34 club members taking part in 12 different classes;
- 7 individual and 7 team winners;
- 4 taking second places;
- 2 taking 3rd places;
- 8 improving on personal best scores;
Thursday, 21 January 2010
Under 13 Male G - 12:10 - Jonathan Gibbs & Joshua Newman
Under 13 Female G - 10:00 - Lauren Bembrick-Taylor, Madison Merritt, Kendra Sherlock, Lottie Heaney, Alex Bartkowiak, Rebecca Martin, Abbie-May Durrell, Jessie-Rose Durrell, Tegan Roycroft, Georgia Tyrrell, Susanne Badley, Annalie Collins
Under15 Female G - 10:00 - Alice Gibbs, Emma Brereton, Milly Blandford, Grace Balmford
Over 15 Female G - 13:10 - Tilly Ashcroft, Natalie Shade, Vanessa Lewis
Under 13 Female F - 13:30 - Victoria Webb, Emma Martin
Under 15 Male F - 12:10 - Joseph Dulieu-Hasler, Jamie Perry
Over 15 Female F - 12:10 - Charlotte Hussey, Lauren Marchant, Abbie Goldsmith
Under 15 Male E - 12:40 - Kallum Sherlock
Under 15 Female E - 12:40 - Kensie Sherlock
Over 15 Female E - 14:10 - Georgia Walker, Sophie Banks
Over 15 Male D - 10:00 - Daniel Frost
Over 15 Female D - 10:00 - Emma Frost
No programmes will be on sale on Sunday, to download a copy of the full programme updated with our club's changes, click here.
Friday, 15 January 2010
Friday, 8 January 2010
Following discussions with ECGA about Sunday's competition, the decision has been made to postpone it until 24th January.
This decision has been taken because travel in the outer reaches of the region are still predicted to be difficult on Sunday and for many it would be unsafe to travel.
Thursday, 7 January 2010
Wednesday, 6 January 2010
The centre has just confirmed that they will be open this evening until 9pm and so we will be running sessions as normally as possible.